Business Formations, Contracts, & Business Dispute Resolution
In today’s complex business environment, sound legal advice can have an important impact on the success of a business.
Business Lawyers Who Are Business Owners
At May Herr & Grosh our business law attorneys are proud to help form new businesses, counsel existing businesses in their day-to-day operations and provide advice to businesses undergoing structural or ownership changes. Because we are business owners ourselves, we can relate to many of the issues our clients struggle with; we’ve faced many of them ourselves.
Business Law Services
- Business formation: We provide advice in the selection of a business entity that is most advantageous to your specific circumstances. We prepare and file necessary documents to establish corporations, partnerships, LLCs and other entities.
- Business sales and acquisitions: We assist buyers or sellers in entity formations and all phases of the purchase or sale of a business, either assets or stock.
- Find out more about small-business formations and acquisitions.
- Employment law and human resources consultation: We advise Pennsylvania employers on numerous employee-related legal issues, assist with the development of company handbooks, and draft employment contracts, including non-compete clauses and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).
- Business owner relations: Our business lawyers prepare shareholder, partnership and operating agreements and advise clients on owner employment and owner buyout arrangements.
- Business contract law: We negotiate, review, draft, and provide consultation in the interpretation and enforcement of all types of contracts, including buy-sell agreements, partnership agreements, leases and other business contracts.
- Collections: We pursue debtors through collection letters and court action, when advisable.
- Commercial real estate: From lease review to real estate transactions to land use and zoning issues, our real estate attorneys provide capable and comprehensive legal services.
- Financing: Our team of business lawyers can assist your organization with obtaining loans and structuring other financial transactions.
- Business litigation: You can rely on our litigators in all phases of trial preparation and in-court representation for breach of contract, partnership disputes and other matters.
- Business mediation: When appropriate, we will use trained mediators to facilitate the resolution of conflicts.
LANCASTER, PA CONTRACT LAW ATTORNEYS
Virtually all elements of your business are rooted in contracts. With solid, sound and effective contracts, you can protect your business and your bottom line. You can maintain good working relationships with business partners, employees, vendors, and suppliers. You can prevent problems and have a plan for when disputes arise.
Contracts are vital in the business world, and they are powerful. At the law firm of May Herr & Grosh LLP we handle contract law on behalf of small-business owners in Lancaster and throughout central Pennsylvania. We want to help drive your success, and we know that contracts are one method for doing that. Let’s discuss the contract work needed by your business — call our attorneys today at 717-397-5500 to arrange a consultation.
We Perform Several Types of Contract Work
Our Lancaster contract law attorneys represent owners of small businesses in the following contract work:
At whatever stage of your business — newly formed, operating for many years, developing a succession plan — you can rely upon our contract services to protect your business’s rights and interests. Common types of contracts include:
- Partnership agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Employment contracts
- Vendor contracts
- Buy-sell agreements
- Commercial leases
For more than 30 years, we have helped area business owners keep all the legal pieces in place, allowing them to focus on daily business operations.
Turn to May Herr & Grosh LLP for Contract Law Solutions
We can help your business maintain good working relationships, address potential problems before they arise and protect your business’s interests. To schedule a consultation with our Lancaster lawyers:
SMALL BUSINESS FORMATIONS AND ACQUISITIONS
Starting a business is no small task. New business owners have a long list of important details to consider, from financing the business to acquiring a website; from acquiring a tax ID number and registering copyrights to filing the necessary documents with the Department of State.
The law firm of May Herr & Grosh LLP represents small business owners in Lancaster and throughout central Pennsylvania. We can help you ensure that all the legal pieces are in place so you can focus on running a successful business.
Choosing A Business Entity
One of the most important decisions a new business owner must make when starting a business is choosing an appropriate business entity. There are limitations and liabilities as well as legal and tax considerations to keep in mind when choosing a business structure. Options include:
- Sole proprietorship
- Limited liability company (LLC)
- Limited liability partnership (LLP)
- Limited partnership
- General partnership
- S corporation
- C corporation
Our law firm can help you identify which option is best suited for your business. We have decades of combined experience in working with owners to choose the ideal business entity and form their small business.
Small Business Startups & Formations
Your innovative ideas have gotten you this far. Now it is important to ensure that the correct legal steps are taken to protect your business interests. Our experienced lawyers can help you address any number of legal issues that accompany starting a business, including:
- Business contracts
- Employment law matters
- Real estate transactions
- Financial transactions
- Tax matters
- Owner relations
- Business dispute resolution
- Ongoing business law representation
Contact A Business Attorney Serving Lancaster, Pennsylvania
We can help you take the legal guesswork out of starting a business. To schedule a consultation with a Lancaster small business formation attorney, by completing out an online contact form or calling our offices at 717-397-5500.
We look forward to working with you for all of your business law needs.
Contact Our Team of Business Lawyers Serving Lancaster, Pennsylvania
To arrange a consultation with an experienced Lancaster business law attorney.